Pumpin' Pal Frequently Asked Questions
- Q Which size of Super Shields should I get?
- Q Why do I need to buy the whole set?
- Q If I know the size of a standard shield that fits me, how does that compare to the Super Shields?
- Q I just tried the Super Shields and it takes longer to get as much milk, what's wrong?
- Q Do they work with my pump that has REMOVABLE shields?
- Q If everything is okay with my pumping now, should I buy Super Shields?
- Q How do I know if I should go with a bigger size?
- Q Which size do I try first?
- Q Why do they pop off when I massage like I do when using the regular shields?
- Q Why is the hands-free thing so funky?
- Q Does it really work?
- Q How long does it take to get use to the hands free?
- Q I’m worried that the strap is not big enough for me, what can I do?
- Q What if I try your products and they don’t work for me?
Embraced by professionals
Hospitals and Lactation Consultants across the country are using PPI's Pumpin' Pal products to improve the breast pumping experience for new mothers. The angled Super Shields are especially effective for C-section mothers having a difficult time leaning forward to pump. The tapered design is less abrasive on the area around the nipple, so the flanges themselves are much more comfortable than the standard flange design.
Often, I will work with a mom who repeatedly develops a cut right around the base of the nipple. When this occurs, I feel that the pressure from a straight flange tends to be causing the problem. When you provide an angled shield, the pressure on the base of the nipple is resolved."
Debbie Albert, RN, Ph.D., LMHC, IBCLC, RLC
Tampa Lactation Counseling
Pumpin' Pal products have also been featured in several books including: